Just putting my thoughts down on paper...
Its been quite a long break from blogging...I couldnt come up with anything worthwhile to write...still havent actually...why am I writing this then, you wonder... I am afraid you will have to look for answers to such questions yourself, as you read through...coz as of this point even i am not aware where I am going with this.
Just putting my thoughts down on paper...
Funny things these, my thoughts...never could understand them completely...where do they originate, and who controls them?...Logically, anyone would say that since they take shape in this confounded brain of mine, they are my thoughts...but sometimes I wonder, are they really?
Just putting my thoughts down on paper...
What does it take to call something mine? Possession according to the oxford dictionary is 'the act of having and controlling property; anything owned.'. So what makes these thoughts my possession?
Are they my property? Let us suppose for a moment, that they are...which leads us back to the fundamental question...if my thoughts are my property, then who am I? Am I just flesh and bone?
I think, therefore I am
The calm of the night always made me think,
One of these nights, I translated my thoughts to ink.
Amazing are the thoughts of a man,
They are one thing that none could ever plan.
They seem to have a mind of their own,
They have no qualms, all fear they disown.
Constraintless and unbounded they flow
On a journey to, where? - I'll never know
Where do they come from, these thoughts of mine?
What causes them to spring forth from my mind?
Are these thoughts a reflection of me?
Do I create them? could that really be?
What magician in my mind, these thoughts conjures?
Then lets them run amock, without any reins of control
Confounded questions, put me in a lot of doubt,
But till I had the answers, the light I couldn't put out;
Then it struck me, as a bolt from the blue,
I didn't own my thoughts, that wasn't true;
My thought process,my will, my eccentricities and conscience
They are the things that made up my existence
My thoughts took birth from my values and beliefs
They are what made me singular and unique
I realized, 'Damn!' I think, therefore I am!'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I liked it, acchhi hai
absolutely loved d post ! :)
Post a Comment