Friday, January 26, 2007

I only wanna be with you

My friends tell me I am too unromantic a poet,
So I decided to write an ode to love, love as I know it;

I was with my friends, returning from the Alibag trip,
If there's one thing about that weekend, I won't ever forget, it's this;

We were on the launch, which for infathomable reasons was called a catamaran,
We were pretty worn out, and to nap on the whole ride was the plan,

We had seats on the upper deck of the pretty crowded ferry,
Thats when I saw her, she was seated opposite and facing me.

You're beautiful, its true; And I only wanna be with you


The small voyage on the Arabian was full of pretty sights,
The warm glow of the setting sun and the sea-gull's flights;

But there were none that could in any way compare,
To the one sight that took away all my cares;

I took one look and I knew, I wouldn't be taking that nap after all,
I couldn't say exactly what about her, had me enthralled;

I wouldn't say she was the most beautiful, nor the hottest,
But there was something about her face, that made me wanna confess...

You're beautiful, its true; And I only wanna be with you


She was dressed quite simply, nothing flashy,
But she stood out in the crowd, boy! was she pretty;

I smiled at her and she gave a glorious smile back,
It was delightful and my heart beat went off the track;

For some strange reason the cruise seemed incredibly short,
And before I even knew it, we were at the port;

I followed her as she went ashore,
But the crowd closed in behind her and she was gone;

It was time to face the truth; I would never be with you


It broke my heart to see her go, thats true
But I had no idea what else I was to do;

I cursed myself, as I wandered around on the shore.
Then I saw another girl, prettier than anyone I had seen before

I realized I was being dumb, I had got it all wrong
So what if one girl had left, another one would soon be along;

This cheered me up, and brought a smile to my lips,
The girl smiled back too, and my heart quipped...

You're beautiful, its true; And I only wanna be with you


Inspired by real life and James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful'

13 comments:

Eccentric! said...

gr8 dude... it was much much better than the anticipated.. "--- beer ki bottle ki ho ya Nitie ki".. cheers to the unforgettable kashid trip..

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

were u referring to SOHA by any chance......BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME........& ya, stop admiring, start talking before its too late.

Invincible said...

lol..good one dude!!

Anonymous said...

Gud one...
Life Goes On..!!

Iceman said...

@soham, dude... i m still workin on the '...beer ki bottle ki ho ya nitie ki'...it will be the anthem of our kashid trip

@ravi, yup it is abt the so called 'soha'...and to be fair, I didnt have a chance to talk to her...

@invincible & abhivyakti, thnx guyz

Blogboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogboy said...

delete kyun kiya?

mucastic said...

no motives, whatsoever,in this comment.Just an ambulating reader's footprint.
Didnt know you had "the rhyme" in you.Do keep blogging.

Blogboy said...

Wah, kya poem likha hai!
Wah, kya poem likha hai!

Unknown said...

...very well written

Unknown said...

Wow !! i mean... jus wow...